Friday, 22 August 2014

Friday Fantastics! 50s Lucite Heels

Well, this week I simply had to indulge my love of what I believe to be some of the most exquisite creations in 50s fashion - the Lucite heeled shoe.
Lucite is to me a fascinating material, first becoming popular in the 30s.  It really came into it's own I believe, in the 1950s when it began to be used on all sorts of items.  I am mostly interested in the beautiful Lucite bags and jewellery that was produced back then, not to mention these unbelievable shoes!!  I much prefer vintage Lucite to Bakelite - don't get me wrong, Bakelite is so beautiful, I own a few pieces, but I would much rather have a handful of confetti Lucite clampers!

I am hoping to do a little 'series' of shoe posts on some Fridays - there are just too many different styles to put into just one post.  So here are some absolutely astonishing shoes (and these really are just a few of the pictures I have stored over the years) I really would love to own all of them...



Of course it's an added bonus when your beautiful carved Lucite springolators have added rhinestones!!


Loving the polka dot detailing on these beauties...


Subtle, but beautiful...

Divine criss-cross heels...*sigh*


And I just love the black straps contrasted with these gorgeous heels...


 
 
Ooooh - sparkles at the front and the back!!...
 

Another simple but classy pair...


I really, really love these shoes, such lovely colours and mix of materials...


Gosh, how special are these pink pretties?...

This pair is very special also - look at all the attention to detail here (something that is very much lost nowadays)...


Oh, I do love these rose heels - I saw a pair just like this once at a vintage fair, sadly I was not quick enough to get them!  I like to tell myself they probably weren't my size, but they sure looked like it...


Some pretty sparkling bows on these ones... I do like that Lucite clutch purse with sparkles too of course...


Oh, don't these just look like such a beautiful colour?  And sooo many rhinestones in the heels - my kind of shoe!!...

This could be a back view of some I posted earlier - what beautiful heels...


These ones are very pretty - I love the purple insole too!


And now - what a dream it would be to have a 50s atomic-heaven house, and to strut around it in these.  I like to think Jayne Mansfield had a pair...


And lastly, I really am obsessed with beautiful old 50s adverts for shoes/clothes/anything, and I just love these scans of some old Lucite heel ads.  The prices!!



Well, I do hope you've enjoyed seeing these gorgeous shoes - wishing you all a great weekend! xx

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh those are the most amazing heels Ive ever seen swoon

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Aren't they fabulous? I want them all! Thanks for reading x

      Delete